After months of planning, I launched my podcast this weekend. The We Travel There podcast interviews local experts from around the world to uncover the hidden gems of their city. We’ll share the best things to do, eat, drink, and see from a local’s point of view so you can travel like a local when you visit their town.
Which cities are on the list?
Although five episodes have been released, I’ve already interviewed 20 guests and have another 10 scheduled. The locations are cities small and large in the US and across the globe.
I’m looking for more guests to share the best their city has to offer. Submit your application now if you’d like to be on the show.
Which episodes are now live?
With the initial launch, five episodes were released covered a variety of cities:
- Introduction: Why I started this podcast (6 minutes)
- Nashville, TN: Kate Dore explains the origins of hot chicken (27 minutes)
- Austin, TX: Noah Kagan’s favorite place for breakfast tacos (26 minutes)
- Bentonville, AR: Joe Saul-Sehy’s little slice of outdoor heaven (27 minutes)
- Melbourne, Australia: Abby Lewtas finds penguins on the beach (27 minutes)
Upcoming episodes over the next few weeks will include:
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Oahu, Hawaii
- Hong Kong
- Vancouver, Canada
- A special edition focusing on the World Cup
- Cancun, Mexico
Enter to win Sweepstakes
As a way to say thank you for all of the comments and podcast reviews, we’re holding a sweepstakes. Through October 31, 2018, you can enter to win a $200 gift card to your favorite airline to help you buy a plane ticket for your next vacation.
The Bald Thoughts
Starting this podcast has been a lot of work. Honestly, it is way more time-consuming than writing blog posts. But it is also a lot of fun and a great way to meet new people and learn more about cities from a local’s point of view. I hope that you like the show!
I would love it if you subscribed, left a review, and shared the podcast with your friends. Good luck in the sweepstakes!