Thanks for visiting BaldThoughts.com… the intersection of travel and personal finance. My philosophy is to “Travel More. Spend Less. Live Better.” I’m frugal by nature, but I’m not afraid of spending money for amazing experiences that I’ll remember forever. However, if there’s a way to reduce the expense of travel, I’m all over it!
Travel More. Spend Less. Live Better.
Essentially, when you have your personal finances in order, you can afford to travel more because you don’t have debt crippling your budget. And without that debt, your credit score will be better, which will qualify you for the best credit card offers.
By being smart with your choices, taking advantage of promotions, and integrating miles and points into your travel budget, you’ll save money on travel, which will allow you to accelerate the paydown of debt and invest for your future.
Finally, by addressing financial worries and traveling more (aka spending more time with friends and family), you’ll lead a happier, healthier life.
Where to start?
Here are a few of the posts that I recommend you check out to help you learn how I implement this philosophy into my everyday life and how our family travels all the time, yet spends less than most people who only go on 1 or 2 vacations a year.
- 5 simple steps to start travel hacking
- Automate your finances so you can travel without worry
- 7 ways to earn miles and points without getting a new credit card
- 3 simple ways to keep reward miles from expiring without flying
- 11 immediate steps to take when you get a new credit card
- The number one reason to have a favorite hotel
- Don’t cancel that card until you negotiate
Some examples of awesome travel for just a few dollars
I travel all the time, whether it is for work, with the family, or a “boys’ trip” with my buddies. It wouldn’t be possible if I didn’t learn so many awesome tricks to reduce the costs of travel. Here are a few examples of where I (or my friends) literally save thousands of dollars while traveling.
- 4 days / 3 nights in Orlando for $149
- This family saved over $1500 when flying to Disneyworld
- A week vacation in Hawaii for 3 people for $262
If you would like help in figuring out how your family can travel more, spend less, and live better, we offer free travel advice to help you achieve your goals.