Hilton Grand Vacations Club $149 for 4 days in Orlando

Hilton Grand Vacations Club, Hilton Honors, Timeshare, Travel Tales 14

This page may contain affiliates links from our advertising partners. We appreciate it when you support BaldThoughts by using our links when visiting our partners.

Hilton Grand Vacations Club is offering a 4 day, 3 night vacation to Orlando, good for up to 4 people, for only $149 + tax.  There are 5 resorts and 8 hotels in the Orlando are that you can choose from, and there are no blackout dates.  This sounds like an attractive vacation package for anyone wanting to visit Disney World, Universal Studios, or Sea World.

Have you used this promotion previously?

An offer like this has been around for quite awhile — previously, you could choose either Orlando or Vegas for $199.  We’ve actually taken advantage of a promotion like this twice before from Hilton Grand Vacations Club.  Both times we stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Las Vegas Strip.  The first time, we used the $200 Stay a Night On Us at the Hilton Del Mar near San Diego and a year ago, we stayed at the Embassy Suites Mandalay Bay in June 2015.  The Mandalay Bay is my favorite Embassy Suites location… and we just booked a room to return there this summer for 50,000 Hilton points.

Embassy Suites Mandalay Bay

On the phone today, the lady from Hilton Grand Vacations Club told me that you can call in and redeem this offer every 6 months.  So, set your calendars and call every 6 months for a great little vacation package for less than $150.

What is the offer from Hilton Grand Vacations Club?

I called Hilton Grand Vacations Club to find out the offer details and this is what they said.  First off, you get 500 Hilton points, just for listening to the offer.  The email offer that I received showed a 4 days / 3 nights Hilton Orlando vacation for $199.  However, there’s a $50 discount for booking within 45 days, so you are only charged $149!!!

On top of the great vacation at one of 13 Hilton Orlando properties, you also receive either 15,000 Hilton HHonors points or a $200 “Stay a Night On Us” certificate after attending the 2-hour timeshare presentation.  The certificate must be used within 6 months of when it is issued and reimburses up to $200, after staying at any Hilton property and mailing in your certificate and original receipt within 30 days of your stay.

In total, I paid $167.63 after taxes for two vacations — 4 days and 3 nights in Orlando and a $200 Stay a Night On Us certificate good for any domestic Hilton branded property.

Hilton Grand Vacations Club Orlando promotion

Are there any other fees that Hilton will charge?

If you don’t show up for your timeshare presentation, they will obviously charge you retail price, plus some penalties, I’m sure.  That much is a given and is standard practice in the timeshare sales world.

There are no blackout dates on this Hilton Grand Vacations Club offer, but if you travel during major holidays (ie: Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.), there’s an upgrade fee of $129 + tax.

If you cannot travel during the 6-month window, a 3-month extension is available for $50 + tax.  I was able to negotiate, at no-charge, the window to travel from 6 months to a little over 1 year.  So, we have until April 30, 2017 to use our certificate.

Once you pick your dates, if you need to change them, there’s a fee of $19.95 + tax, provided that you’re given more than 14 days’ notice.  If less than 15 days notice is provided, then they charge $120 + tax.

What else should I know about this HGVC offer?

The retail value of this vacation package is estimated to be $1100, per the phone agent.  Considering that most rooms are at least $200 + tax per night in Orlando, the estimate isn’t too far off for 3 nights in Orlando AND 1 future night up to $200 reimbursed.

YOU MUST ATTEND A 2-HOUR TIMESHARE PRESENTATION.  I cannot emphasize this enough.  The rooms are heavily discounted because they want to make a sale.  The landing page of this offer indicates that the timeshare deeded weeks range from $8,940 – $377,300, so there’s a TON of money at stake.  If you have trouble saying no to salespeople, this deal may not be right for you!!!

You earn bonus Hilton points when purchasing this package with your Citibank Hilton Visa.  If you don’t have a Hilton-branded card, please use my link at the top of the page to apply!

Here is the page with all of the fine print details of this Hilton Grand Vacations Club promotion.

How do you sign up for this promotion?

This promotion is meant for Hilton HHonors members, so sign up for a free Hilton HHonors membership here first.

Once you’ve signed up for your HHonors account, call 844-658-5770 to ask about this promotion (or what other offers they may have).

Which Hilton would you choose to stay in Orlando?

I like free stuff and spacious rooms, so I would most likely choose the Embassy Suites By Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Resort.  They have a manager’s reception (aka happy hour) every evening from 5p to 7p with free drinks and snacks for a couple of hours, and every morning there is free cooked-to-order breakfast, including an omelet station!  I also like that there’s a fun water activity area for the kids.

Embassy Suites Orlando pool deck

They say that this offer is only available through May 2016 and that limited units are available for purchase, but we’ve been using this offer, or something very similar, since 2013 so I don’t think this offer will be going away anytime soon.  It is a really good deal… as long as you can be strong and say no during the presentation.

The opinions expressed here are the author's alone and have not been reviewed or endorsed by any company or third-party, unless clearly stated otherwise. The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the advertiser. It is not the advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Liked it? Take a second to support Lee Huffman on Patreon!

About the author /

Lee Huffman

Lee grew up loving to travel with his parents. Now he explores the world with his wife, Anna and his two children Timothy and Scarlett. He enjoys being spoiled as a Kimpton Inner Circle Member and taking full advantage of Southwest's Companion Pass. Lee wants to teach his readers how to 'Travel More. Spend Less. Live Better.' using miles, points, tips and tricks.

14 Comments

1. Yvonne April 9, 2016 at 3:45 am -  Reply

Hey Lee

Thanks for this article. It has interesting tips. And good to know you can have a family trip to Orlando on a regular basis. We are all kids at heart!

2. Brenda April 12, 2016 at 8:23 pm -  Reply

Thank you so much for this info! I am planning to visit Orlando this October…and this looks like something I can do!

• Lee Huffman April 13, 2016 at 10:35 pm -  Reply

You’re welcome Brenda! Have a great time in Orlando. Are you visiting Disney, Harry Potter, or something else?

3. Brenda April 18, 2016 at 5:57 pm -  Reply

Hi, Lee. My bf and I are planning this trip more to relax…and possibly think about where or how we want to retire. We live in Canada..and you can imagine why we love to escape. This would be my 9th trip to Orlando..so I have done the parks alot. So we are planning some beach time…maybe Sea World..and to visit my relatives, who live in Orlando and Fort Lauderdale. We are already booked with Hilton for 3 of our 7 days in Orlando…so to add an additional 3 nights for cheap would be a bonus! If you have any other tips for us..please feel free to indulge. Thanks again!!!

4. MatiasRo November 8, 2016 at 8:25 pm -  Reply

Do you know if this promotion is still valid and can I buy it for use in March or April next year ??

• Lee Huffman November 9, 2016 at 5:56 am -  Reply

This promotion is generally ongoing, so you should be able to call and book with no problem. I booked our reservation for Spring 2017, so you should be good. Please reply back and let us know if you were able to book!

• MatiasRo November 9, 2016 at 7:44 am -  Reply

Call me recently and tell me that the packages are sold out, I found it strange because first I ask myself all the data and then he told me that

• Lee Huffman November 9, 2016 at 9:22 am -  Reply

That does sound strange. Maybe that was their way of telling you that you didn’t qualify for the package? Overall, they are trying to sell you a timeshare with these packages, so if it doesn’t seem like you are someone they feel they can sell to, they won’t offer you the package. As with anything where you don’t get the answer you want, try the “hang up and call again” method… which means, think about your answers and consider which may have led them to not offer you the deal, then call them again and you’ll speak to a new phone rep who may offer you the package. Good luck!

5. SDO January 19, 2017 at 8:24 am -  Reply

Is there any way to get a 4 night / 5 day version of this promo? 3 nights is not enough for our family to make a trek down to Orlando, given all the other necessary expenses.

• Lee Huffman January 19, 2017 at 8:39 am -  Reply

Most of the time, when you call to book the deal, they’ll offer extra nights for an additional amount. I don’t recall what they charge. When you make your reservation, please report back what you find out! Thanks.

6. MSL February 9, 2017 at 5:31 pm -  Reply

I got a phone call last week about vegas or Orlando. They were offering 4 days/3 nights Orlando for $149.
    Told ’em I needed to mull it over for the night. They weren’t very thrilled with hearing that. We got a trip going to Orlando in march. thinking of making a phone call back to stay there the last 3 nights of our trip.

My concerns about the promo:
    1.) credit card over the phone, then I can’t get the days that will work for me.
    2.) extra charges at check-in / check-out for towels, housekeeping, plumbing, whatever…
    3.) pushy salespeople during the timeshare thing. I have ZERO intention of purchasing one. HGV reviews are horrible online. very skeptical about the whole deal.

Are there any legit concerns I should have with this promo?

• Lee Huffman February 9, 2017 at 7:33 pm -  Reply

Thanks for writing with your questions. Yeah, getting dates once you’ve paid is a concern, but I’ve been able to book the dates I’ve wanted each time I’ve done this promo. Orlando and Vegas have a ton of capacity, so I think you’ll be ok for most dates. We haven’t experienced any meaningful charges beyond the initial payment. I’ve only done the promo in Vegas, so I can’t speak to Orlando yet. But we’ll be in Orlando next month to experience that side of things. All of the HGVC presentations we’ve done haven’t been pushy. In fact, once the salesperson realized we weren’t going to buy, they lost interest and let us go. By contrast, the presentations we’ve done with other brands in Mexico have been the most aggressive.

7. Churley June 1, 2017 at 6:46 am -  Reply

Just booked this promo over the phone for Orlando and found this article when looking for additional information after feeling some buyers remorse. How did your visit in Orlando go? Did you post any information on that?

• Lee Huffman June 1, 2017 at 7:00 am -  Reply

Hi Churley, glad you found us. The visit went great. The rooms were spacious and clean. And the timeshare presentation was about as low-pressure as could be. I’m behind on posting about the Orlando trip but will be posting about it this month. Please join our email list so that you don’t miss the posts!