Bilt Rewards is the only program that allows renters to earn points when paying their rent without any fees. Every month, Bilt Rewards hosts a special day where all members receive exclusive perks and enhanced rewards. On February 1st, you’ll earn valuable points and prizes just for using the app. Plus, Bilt Mastercard holders earn twice as many points, even on bonus categories. Here’s everything you need to know about Bilt Rent Day February 2024.
In This Post
What are Bilt Rewards?
Bilt Rewards is a flexible points loyalty program where you can earn points when paying rent, using its co-branded credit card, and other qualifying activities. Join Bilt Rewards for free (my referral link) to start earning points.
You can book travel, transfer to airline and hotel partners, save for a down payment, and more with the Bilt Rewards points earned.
When you rent from a Bilt Alliance property, your rent payments can also be reported to the three major credit bureaus to build your credit. As your scores improve with Experian, Transunion, and Equifax, you’ll be able to purchase a home, buy a car, and get approved for the best rewards credit cards.
How to earn Bilt Rewards points
You can earn Bilt Rewards points in many different ways… even if you don’t have the Bilt Mastercard. Here are the five primary earning opportunities:
- Pay rent through the Bilt Rewards Alliance. Over two million properties that partner with Bilt to award points when paying your rent.
- Promotions through Bilt Rewards Alliance partners. Properties may offer bonus points for certain activities, like renewing or signing a lease and referring tenants.
- Pay rent with the Bilt Rewards credit card. Even if your rental property isn’t part of the Alliance, you can still earn points when paying your rent with the Bilt Mastercard. (Read our review)
- Making purchases with the Bilt Mastercard. Use the Bilt Rewards credit card for daily purchases and take advantage of its bonus categories to earn additional points.
- Booking travel through the Bilt Rewards Travel Portal. Earn up to 2x points by booking flights, hotels, and more through the Bilt Rewards Travel Portal.
Use our referral link to apply for a Bilt Rewards credit card to earn and redeem points.
Benefits of the Bilt Mastercard
If you get the Bilt Mastercard, you’ll enjoy numerous features to earn rewards and save money without paying an annual fee. Here are the benefits that I like the best:
- Earn rewards when paying rent
- Pay rent without a transaction fee
- Points transfer to partners (3 new airline partners were just added)
- Trip cancellation & interruption protection
- Trip delay reimbursement
- Auto rental collision damage waiver
- No foreign transaction fees
- Monthly Lyft credits
Bilt Rewards Rent Day February 2024 benefits
Paying rent on the first is often a challenging day for renters. Bilt Rewards is trying to change the narrative with “Rent Day” by making it a positive thing instead of something negative.
Bilt Rent Day benefits change every month, as this keeps members engaged and rewards members with more valuable prizes as the brand continues to grow.
Some opportunities are available exclusively through the Bilt app (Apple, Google Play). Download it right away and log into your account (or sign up for free). Even if you don’t pay rent or have the Bilt Mastercard, you can still earn points to build your balance. It may be slower this way, but you’ll eventually have enough points for future redemptions.
Double points with the Bilt Mastercard
On Bilt Rent Day, Bilt members can earn double points on all non-rent purchases with their Bilt Mastercard. All category bonuses are doubled for 24 hours.
- Dining earns 6x (normally 3x)
- Travel 4x (normally 2x)
- Everything else is 2x points (normally 1x)
- Rent payments earn 1x points (no bonus)
Members can earn up to 10,000 bonus points each month on Rent Day. Rent purchases are excluded from earning double points. Plus, you must make at least five purchases each month in order to earn Bilt points.
Transfer bonus with Air Canada Aeroplan
Transferring flexible points to airline and hotel partners typically provides the highest value for your rewards. This month’s transfer partner is Air Canada, where you can get up to 150% more points when you transfer Bilt Rewards points to Aeroplan.
The transfer ratio depends on your Bilt Rewards elite status:
|Bilt Platinum Members
|150% Bonus (1,000 Bilt Points = 2,500 Aeroplan points)
|Bilt Gold Members
|125% Bonus (1,000 Bilt Points = 2,250 Aeroplan points)
|Bilt Silver Members
|100% Bonus (1,000 Bilt Points = 2,000 Aeroplan points)
|Bilt Blue Members*
|75% Bonus (2,000 Bilt Points = 3,500 Aeroplan points)
* Bilt Members must transfer a minimum of 2,000 points. Higher-tier member transfers start at 1,000 points.
Valentine’s Day with Bilt Dining
As a husband and father, I always try to do something special for my wife. But getting everything planned can be tough when you’re balancing work, kids and household chores. Bilt Dining has you covered with exclusive dining reservations available only through the Bilt Rewards app (Apple, Google Play).
Book a romantic dinner for two on February 14th in Boston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York or Washington, D.C. Each dinner reservation is $200 or 15,000 Bilt points, and they are available on a first-come, first-served basis starting on February 1st at 12 noon Eastern. The exact restaurants, menu, reservation times and other details are available in the app.
Point Quest Trivia
Earn extra Bilt points by answering trivia questions correctly. The trivia questions are typically centered around current and historical events related to each month.
When you answer all five questions correctly, you’ll qualify for a bonus question. Each question is worth a different number of points. You can win a total of 250 points each month with Point Quest Trivia.
Other benefits are available, but I typically don’t use them.
- Ride with SoulCycle. Bilt members receive a complimentary bike in special themed classes at more than 50 SoulCycle locations across the U.S. One lucky rider will win a month of rent paid by Bilt (up to $2,500).
- Rent Free game show. Answer the Rent Free game show question correctly to be entered to get your November 2024 rent paid by Bilt.
The Bald Thoughts
Bilt Rewards continues to add value to its flexible points program with new features and opportunities to earn points. With Bilt Rewards Rent Day, you can earn double points on all of your non-rent purchases (up to 10,000 points per month). If you are a renter, getting the Bilt Mastercard to earn points on your rent each month is a no-brainer. For homeowners like me, getting double points on the first day of the month is an awesome perk to maximize rewards.
* Originally published on Bald Thoughts September 28, 2022. Updated February 1, 2024.