Bilt Rewards is the only program that allows renters to earn points when paying their rent without any fees. In addition to rent payments, the Bilt Mastercard earns points on other bonus categories, like dining and travel. With the launch of Rent Day, cardholders can earn double points on all non-rent purchases for 24 hours each month.
What are Bilt Rewards?
Bilt Rewards is a flexible points loyalty program where you can earn points when paying rent, using its co-branded credit card, and other qualifying activities. Join Bilt Rewards for free (my referral link) to start earning points.
You can book travel, transfer to airline and hotel partners, save for a down payment, and more with the Bilt Rewards points earned.
When you rent from a Bilt Alliance property, your rent payments can also be reported to the three major credit bureaus to build your credit. As your scores improve with Experian, Transunion, and Equifax, you’ll be able to purchase a home, buy a car, and get approved for the best rewards credit cards.
How to earn Bilt Rewards points
You can earn Bilt Rewards points in many different ways… even if you don’t have the Bilt Mastercard. Here are the five primary earning opportunities:
- Pay rent through the Bilt Rewards Alliance. Over two million properties that partner with Bilt to award points when paying your rent.
- Promotions through Bilt Rewards Alliance partners. Properties may offer bonus points for certain activities, like renewing or signing a lease and referring tenants.
- Pay rent with the Bilt Rewards credit card. Even if your rental property isn’t part of the Alliance, you can still earn points when paying your rent with the Bilt Mastercard. (Read our review)
- Making purchases with the Bilt Mastercard. Use the Bilt Rewards credit card for daily purchases and take advantage of its bonus categories to earn additional points.
- Booking travel through the Bilt Rewards Travel Portal. Earn up to 2x points by booking flights, hotels, and more through the Bilt Rewards Travel Portal.
Use our referral link to apply for a Bilt Rewards credit card to earn and redeem points.
Benefits of the Bilt Mastercard
If you get the Bilt Mastercard, you’ll enjoy numerous features to earn rewards and save money without paying an annual fee. Here are the benefits that I like the best:
- Earn rewards when paying rent
- Pay rent without a transaction fee
- Points transfer to partners (3 new airlines partners were just added)
- Trip cancellation & interruption protection
- Trip delay reimbursement
- Auto rental collision damage waiver
- No foreign transaction fees
- Monthly Lyft credits
Learn more about the Bilt Mastercard and these benefits by reading our review or applying for the card.
Bilt Rewards Rent Day – Earn Unlimited Double Points
Paying rent on the first is often a challenging day for renters. Bilt Rewards is trying to change the narrative with “Rent Day” by making it a positive thing instead of something negative. For 24 hours, all Bilt members can earn double points on all non-rent purchases, plus there will be new offers and experiences available to members.
- Double Points. All category bonuses are doubled for 24 hours. Dining earns 6x, travel 4x, and everything else is 2x points. Rent purchases are excluded, but you can earn up to 10,000 points through this promotion every month.
- Ride Together with SoulCycle. Book one SoulCycle class and bring a friend for free. Plus, riders have the opportunity to receive Bilt and SoulCycle branded swag and giveaways.
- Virgin Voyages 2-for-1 Fares. From September 26, 2022, through October 31, 2022, members receive exclusive 2-for-1 fares on Virgin Voyages for cruises completed by December 31, 2022.
- Rent and Bilt Point Giveaways. Solve Bilt’s Rent Day Challenge on October 1, 2022, at BiltRewards.com/RentDay or follow Bilt Rewards on Instagram to enter to win.
The Bald Thoughts
Bilt Rewards continues to add value to its flexible points program with new features and opportunities to earn points. With Bilt Rewards Rent Day, you can earn double points on all of your non-rent purchases (up to 10,000 points per month). If you are a renter, getting the Bilt Mastercard to earn points on your rent each month is a no-brainer. For homeowners like me, getting double points on the first day of the month is an awesome perk to maximize rewards.