Bilt Rewards members can redeem their points in many ways. One of the highest value options is to convert points into airline miles or hotel points with one of the Bilt Rewards transfer partners. While there were 11 transfer partners available, today they announced the addition of three more airlines for even more travel opportunities.
Bilt Rewards transfer partners
Bilt Rewards points are one of the few rewards programs that can be transferred to 10+ airline and hotel programs. Points transfer on a 1:1 basis and require a minimum of 2,000 points (1,000 for Bilt Rewards elite members).
The current Bilt Rewards transfer partners include:
- American Airlines AAdvantage
- Air Canada Aeroplan
- Air France-KLM Flying Blue
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
- Emirates Skywards
- Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles
- IHG One Rewards
- Turkish Miles&Smiles
- United MileagePlus
- World of Hyatt
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
And remember that members have real-time award availability with Air Canada Aeroplan, American Airlines AAdvantage, and United Airlines MileagePlus.
New Bilt Rewards transfer partners
Bilt Rewards has announced the addition of three new airline transfer partners. These partners also transfer at a 1:1 ratio in 1,000-point increments. One partner is available today, while the other two will be added in September.
Starting today, August 25, 2022, British Airways Executive Club is available for transfers.
And in September 2022, Iberia Plus and Aer Lingus AerClub will be added.
This will bring the total Bilt Rewards transfer partners to 12 airlines and two hotels. Bilt Rewards members will have added flexibility and value with their points.
How to earn Bilt Rewards points
There are several ways that you can earn Bilt Rewards points. Here are the five primary earning opportunities:
- Pay rent through the Bilt Rewards Alliance. Over two million properties that partner with Bilt to award points when paying your rent.
- Promotions through Bilt Rewards Alliance partners. Properties may offer bonus points for certain activities, like renewing or signing a lease and referring tenants.
- Pay rent with the Bilt Rewards credit card. Even if your rental property isn’t part of the Alliance, you can still earn points when paying your rent with the Bilt Mastercard. (Read our review)
- Making purchases with the Bilt Mastercard. Use the Bilt Rewards credit card for daily purchases and take advantage of its bonus categories to earn additional points.
- Booking travel through the Bilt Rewards Travel Portal. Earn up to 2x points by booking flights, hotels, and more through the Bilt Rewards Travel Portal.
Use our referral link to apply for a Bilt Rewards credit card to earn and redeem points.
Redemption options for Bilt Rewards points
While transferring points to its partners generally offer the highest value, that isn’t the only option members have to redeem points. These are the best options available for Bilt Rewards points:
- Transfer to partners. Get up to 2 cents per point (or more) in value when transferring to 14 different airline and hotel partners.
- Book travel through Bilt Reward Travel Portal. Points are worth 1.25 cents each when booking flights, hotels, and more. Points + Cash reservations are available as well if you don’t have enough points or want to save some for later.
- Pay monthly rent. The property manager sets the value, and rates vary based on the property and who the ownership company is.
- Save for a house down payment. Get up to 1.5 cents per point towards buying a home.
- Gym classes. Admission to virtual and in-person workout classes. About 1 cent per point.
- Bilt Collection. Artwork, paintings, and other collectibles. The value of many of these collectibles is in the eye of the beholder, making it hard to assign a value to your points.
The Bald Thoughts
I love it when you have more redemption options without an increase in fees or other negative impacts. Bilt Rewards is a relatively new program, and it is good to see them continue to improve the value proposition by adding more transfer partners. With 14 Bilt Rewards transfer partners to choose from, this could be an attractive rewards program for many travelers… especially if you rent where you live.