This post may contain affiliate links that pay us when you click on them.
If you’re like me and you love podcasts, but you don’t have a lot of free time, you’re going to love the Popcorn Finance podcast. Each episode touches on a personal finance topic in about the time it takes to make a bag of popcorn. Join me on this week’s episode where I talk with Chris about the five simple steps how to start travel hacking.
- Talking travel hacks on the Stacking Benjamins podcast
- How credit card rewards have changed my life
- 11 immediate steps you must take when getting a new credit card
The Popcorn Finance podcast
I met Chris while playing pickup basketball with Pat Flynn of Smart Passive Income. We started chatting and I loved his idea for a podcast format.
The premise is simple… hit on personal finance topics that are relevant and intriguing, but do it in about 10 minutes or less.
There are tons of podcasts on my playlist, but so many are over an hour, and sometimes I want something quick and actionable while I’m walking to the train or doing the dishes. Popcorn Finance delivers!
Here’s a sample of some of the most recent episodes:
- How Expert Advice Can Harm Your Money
- Add Some Spunk to Your No Spend Challenge
- Living Tax-Free While Traveling the World
- Help! I’m Young with No Credit
I’m sure you’ll find some topics that you’ll find interesting. And the best thing about podcasts is, if an episode doesn’t interest you, simply delete it and move on to the next one.
How to start travel hacking
So many of us are advanced with our travel hacking skills and strategies, that we forget that a majority of the world doesn’t travel like we do.
Chris and I discussed how to start travel hacking because I believe that more people should be using miles, points, and other travel rewards to reduce their travel costs so they can travel more, spend less, and live better.
Here are the 5 steps:
- Know where you want to travel
- Know how you want to travel
- Pick your favorites & focus on them
- Get the right cards for the best benefits
- Earn points with their partners
Pretty simple, huh?
The Bald Thoughts
After you’re done listening, please come back and comment to let me know what you thought about the episode and if you appreciate this kind of content.