In today’s busy world, apps like DoorDash make life easier by delivering food, groceries, and more so you can stay focused. While many credit cards offer DoorDash benefits, the company didn’t have its own credit card. Until now. Today, Chase and DoorDash announced the launch of the DoorDash Rewards Mastercard with up to 4% cash back, an easy-to-earn welcome bonus, and unique benefits for frequent “dashers.”
DoorDash Rewards Mastercard from Chase
Chase continues to dominate the credit card rewards world with yet another attractive cash back credit card. This time, the target is DoorDash customers that want to earn rewards on their DoorDash purchases, dining, and trips to the supermarket. Cardholders also receive a one-year trial of DashPass and the ability to extend the membership for free based on their annual spending. And, as a World Elite Mastercard, cardholders continue to receive additional benefits, including $5 DoorDash credits each month (through September 30, 2023).
Best of all, even though it has excellent earning power and attractive benefits, there’s no annual fee. Learn more about the best cash back credit card offers.
“We’re excited to offer people who love DoorDash a compelling card that enables all their purchases to earn cash back toward future DoorDash orders,” said Ed Olebe, President of Chase Co-Brand Cards. “To unlock even more value and convenience, the DoorDash Rewards Mastercard can also be used to earn a complimentary DashPass membership every year. Simply put, if you love DoorDash, you will love this card.”
DoorDash Rewards Mastercard earning power
With the DoorDash Mastercard, you’ll earn valuable cash back on your purchases. There are several cash back bonus categories that target foodies and everyday expenses. Additionally, you can earn a welcome bonus after meeting a small minimum spending requirement.
Cash back reward categories for the DoorDash World Elite Mastercard are:
- 4% on DoorDash and Caviar purchases
- 3% on dining, including online and in-person purchases
- 2% on groceries
- 1% on everything else
As you can see, the bonus categories are very foodie centric. Whether you’re eating out, getting food delivered, or buying groceries to unleash your inner chef, you’ll earn bonus cash back when using the DoorDash Mastercard for your purchases. Plus, everything else earns at least 1% cash back.
Additionally, as a new cardholder, you’ll receive a welcome bonus of $100 when you spend $500 within the first three months after opening your account.
How to redeem cash back rewards
As a cash back credit card, the DoorDash Rewards World Elite Mastercard earns rewards that can be redeemed in multiple ways.
- DoorDash or Caviar orders. When ordering through the mobile app, redeem your rewards to reduce the cost of your purchase.
- Statement credits. Request a statement credit to reduce your total charges each month.
- Direct deposit. Redeem your cash back rewards to your linked checking or savings account.
- Gift cards. Purchase gift cards from many popular retailers to use yourself or give as a gift.
There are no minimum redemption amounts, and you can redeem them at any time. Whether you have $5 or $500 in cash back, you can redeem your rewards however you wish.
Additional benefits from the DoorDash Rewards Mastercard
In addition to the cash back rewards, the DoorDash Rewards Mastercard includes other attractive benefits. Here are some of my favorites:
- One year of free DashPass. This free trial membership is worth $96, and it waives delivery fees and provides lower service fees on eligible orders.
- Earn additional years of free DashPass. Your DashPass membership is extended for an additional year when you spend at least $10,000 on your DoorDash Mastercard in a calendar year.
- Discount on nationwide shipping. You’ll save $25 off the first two nationwide shipping orders of $100 or more each month through December 31, 2023.
- 10% off your first order each month. Save 10% off your first order of $35 or more each month (up to $15 off) on convenience store, grocery, alcohol, or DashMart orders. Offer good through August 31, 2023.
- $5 monthly credit. All World Elite Mastercard credit cards receive a $5 monthly credit ($60 per year) for DoorDash through September 30, 2023. These monthly credits accumulate up to a maximum of $15 off.
- No foreign exchange fees. Travel internationally without fear of hidden fees with the DoorDash Mastercard. This saves up to 3% compared to other cards.
- Auto rental damage waiver. Receive secondary insurance coverage against damage or theft when you pay for your rental car with this card.
- Trip cancellation and interruption coverage. If your trip is canceled or interrupted due to a covered reason, you’ll be reimbursed up to coverage limits.
- Extended warranty. Eligible purchases get warranty protection for one extra year.
- Purchase protection. Your eligible purchases are covered against theft or damage up to coverage limits.
Alternative credit cards for foodies and DoorDash benefits
While the new Chase DoorDash Rewards Mastercard offers appealing rewards and benefits, it isn’t the best card for everyone. These cards offer similar benefits that may be a better fit for foodies and other consumers.
- Capital One SavorOne. This card has no annual fee and earns 3% cash back on dining, entertainment, groceries, and popular streaming services, plus 1% everywhere else. Cardholders also have access to exclusive dining experiences and culinary events through Capital One Dining. The card includes 10% cash back on Uber and UberEats purchases, plus a complimentary Uber One membership through November 14, 2024.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred. Although this card has a $95 annual fee, its rewards and benefits justify the fee. You’ll earn 3x points on dining (including delivery and takeout), online grocery orders, and select streaming services. It includes a one-year DashPass membership, 5x on Lyft rides, six months of Instacart+, and $10 monthly GoPuff statement credits. Plus, it earns 5x on travel booked through Chase, 2x on all other travel purchases, and 1x everywhere else. Its points are worth 25% when booking travel or can be redeemed for cash and gift cards.
- Chase Freedom Unlimited. The Chase Freedom Unlimited® is a cash back credit card with no annual fee with bonus categories on dining, travel, and drugstore purchases. You’ll get 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase and 3% on dining (including takeout and delivery) and drugstore purchases. Plus, all other charged earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back. The card also comes with a 0% intro APR offer on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months. Cardholders receive a 3-month trial for DashPass, 5% cash back on Lyft rides, and a 3-month trial of Instacart+.
The Bald Thoughts
The DoorDash Rewards Mastercard is the ideal choice for foodies that love ordering through DoorDash. It earns up to 4% cash back on purchases and includes a free year of DashPass, which waives delivery fees and reduces service fees on eligible orders. Plus, you can extend your DashPass membership for free when you spend at least $10,000 on your card each year. Additional perks provide exceptional value for a credit card that doesn’t charge an annual fee.