Ever since Capital One introduced the ability to transfer miles to airline partners, it has continued to add even more value. Capital One now transfers to 15 different airlines and has had four transfer bonus offers. Starting today, Capital One is launching their 5th transfer bonus in less than a year. Cardholders will enjoy a 33% Capital One transfer bonus to Qantas that is available through October 31st.
Capital One transfer partners
There are now 15 Capital One transfer partners where you can turn your Capital One miles into airline miles.
- Aeromexico (Club Premier)
- Air Canada (Aeroplan)
- Air France KLM (Flying Blue)
- Alitalia (MilleMiglia Program)
- Avianca (LifeMiles)
- Cathay Pacific (Asia Miles)
- Emirates (Emirates Skywards)
- Etihad Airways (Etihad Guest)
- EVA Air (Infinity MileageLands)
- Finnair (Finnair Plus)
- Hainan Airlines (Fortune Wings Club)
- JetBlue (TrueBlue)
- Qantas (Qantas Frequent Flyer)
- Qatar Airways (Privilege Club)
- Singapore Airlines (KrisFlyer)
Capital One is aggressively adding value to its rewards program, so I can definitely see that number increasing over time.
Capital One transfer bonus to Qantas
From September 16, 2019, through midnight Eastern time on Halloween (October 31, 2019), cardholders can get 33% more value when they transfer to Qantas.
During this limited time offer, you’ll receive 1 Qantas point for every 1 Capital One Venture mile that you transfer. Once the promotion expires, the transfer rate will go back to 2 Capital One miles for 1.5 Qantas points.
Keep in mind that you must transfer a minimum of 1,000 Capital One miles.
How to earn more Capital One miles
There are several ways to earn more Capital One miles to get closer to your next vacation.
- Receive a sign-up bonus from a new Capital One Venture, VentureOne, Spark Miles, or Spark Miles Select credit card. Click here to see the latest offers.
- Earn an unlimited 2x miles when spending on the Capital One Venture or Capital One Spark Miles credit cards.
- Spend on the no annual fee Capital One Spark Miles Select to earn an unlimited 1.5x miles on every business purchase.
- Get an unlimited 1.25x miles on personal purchases with the no annual fee Capital One VentureOne credit card.
- Book your room at Hotels.com/venture to earn 10x miles through January 2020.
- American Express Membership Rewards transfer to Qantas at 1:1 ratio.
- Citi ThankYou Points also transfer to Qantas at 1:1 ratio.
- Marriott Bonvoy points transfer at 3:1 ratio.
And remember that your Capital One miles post to your account within 1 to 3 business days after your purchases. This means that you don’t need to wait until after your statement closes to redeem your miles.
Best ways to redeem Qantas points
My friends over at Upgraded Points have a very detailed article about the 10 best ways to redeem Qantas points. Here are the highlights, but click over to their article for more details and how to redeem.
- East Coast to Dubai on Emirates for 168,000 points in Business Class
- Business Class to Israel on El Al for as little as 78,000 points each way
- Best First Class award availability on Qantas (22 extra days!)
- Short-hop domestic flights on American Airlines for 16,000 points round-trip
- East Coast to Western Europe on American Airlines for 45,000 points in Economy
- Round-trip in Business Class to Fiji on Fiji Airways from East Coast for 144,000 points
There are many other redemption options for Qantas points, so read their article to learn more.
The Bald Thoughts
The Capital One Venture Card has earned a spot in my wallet with the addition of so many transfer partners. I love that it earns an unlimited 2x miles on every purchase, so it is a great credit card for un-bonused spend. Now I get the flexibility of erasing my travel purchases or converting into miles for a future flight. Click here to see the latest credit card offers.
With the Capital One transfer bonus to Qantas promotion now is a good time to redeem your miles for 33% more value. Just remember that this promotion ends at midnight on Halloween!
What are your favorite uses of Capital One Venture miles? Do you erase travel purchases or transfer them to airline partners? Let us know in the comments below!