This post may contain affiliate links that pay us when you click on them.
In April 2018, Chase announced the debut of 2 new IHG co-branded credit cards. For many of us familiar with IHG, the Chase IHG Select Credit Card was a great go-to with a low $49 annual fee. For that $49, you earned an uncapped free night anywhere. However, it was announced that the card would be discontinued with the new products. Many were loathing discontinuing the great bargain, but I think the new Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier credit card is even better!
IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card Review
For a limited time, the Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier credit card is offering 100,000 IHG points with a $3,000 minimum spend in 3 months. Along with that, another 5,000 points is given after an authorized user’s first purchase. I usually just buy a $1 gift card to Amazon.
With that $3,000 in spend on your IHG Rewards Club Premier credit card, you are looking at a minimum of 108,000 IHG Points right out of the gate. These points are worth about $650!
With 108,000 Points, you are guaranteed at least 1 free night at IHG’s nicest properties, including the InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa.
At an $89 annual fee, the points alone are extremely worth it. To add, this card does NOT fall under Chase’s dreaded 5/24 rule.
Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier Card bonus categories
The points breakdown is the following:
- 10 points per dollar spent at IHG hotels.
- 2 points per dollar spent at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants.
- 1 points per dollar on everything else.
Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier Card benefits
Along with the sweet point bonus, here are the great perks that come with the IHG Premier Card.
- Automatic IHG Rewards Club Platinum status.
- Free anniversary night at any property valued at 40,000 points or less ($200 value).
- Fourth reward night free. I plan to take advantage of this in March at the Intercontinental Athenaeum in Athens, Greece ($300+ depending on use).
- Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check reimbursement ($100 value).
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement.
- Baggage delay insurance.
After all the points and benefits, I estimate the value of the Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier Visa to be at least $1,200.
The Bald Thoughts
In my opinion, this card is great for any type of traveler! Whether you love budget travel at the Holiday Inn type or to experience luxury at the Intercontinental Atheneum (or at Kimpton properties that Lee loves), this card is incredibly valuable!