If you love to travel, you’ve probably heard about the Travel and Adventure shows. They rotate across the country showcasing some of the best products, services, and destinations from around the world. Due to conflicts in previous years, I haven’t been able to attend in years past. But, I am finally making it to the Los Angeles Travel and Adventure Show this weekend! Are you going?
What is the Travel and Adventure Show
The Travel and Adventure Show series of events is unlike the miles and points conferences we often attend (like Chicago Seminars and FTU). Instead, this is a more mainstream event where the focus is on products, services, and destinations.
With over 350 exhibitors, you will learn more about the destinations on your list… and you just may discover something new to add to your bucket list! The face-to-face interactions with 1000s of travel experts is well worth the small price of admission.
Who will be at the Travel and Adventure Show?
While you’re at the LA Travel and Adventure Show, you can meet travel celebrities, such as Samantha Brown, Rick Steves, and Phil Keoghan. Click here for a complete list of the speakers at the LA Travel & Adventure Show.
Beyond the speakers, there are tons and tons of exhibitors to meet and learn about their products, services, or destinations.
These the ones that I’m most looking forward to checking out:
- Caribbean Tourism Organization
- Costa Rica Adventures
- Grand Canyon West
- Hilton Passport Project
- Lonely Planet
- Los Cabos
- Machu Travel Peru
- Priority Pass – use our referral for free airport lounge credits
- San Diego Zoo and Safari Park
- Sonoma Wine Country
- Tokyo Convention and Visitors Bureau
And don’t forget to attend shows at one of the 4 theaters:
- Travel Theater – where the travel celebrities and speakers share their stories
- Destination Theater – listen to destination experts explain why you should visit these locations
- Savvy Travel Theater – travel tips, tricks, and advice that you can implement when planning your next vacation
- Taste of Travel Theater – chefs from around the world prepare their local delicacies and offer samples to those in the audience
There’s so much to do, you might not be able to experience it all over the course of a weekend.
Travel and Adventure Show Locations
There are 8 Travel and Adventure shows booked for 2018. Here are the locations that you can choose from:
- San Diego – January 13-14
- Washington DC – January 20-21
- Chicago – February 10-11
- San Francisco – February 18-19
- Los Angeles – February 24-25
- Philadelphia – March 10-11
- Dallas – March 17-18
- Denver – March 24-25
And they already have some events scheduled for 2019 if these dates don’t fit into your calendar:
- Chicago – January 12-13
- San Diego – January 19-20
- Washington DC – March 16-17
- San Francisco – March 23-24
Which one will you attend? Click here to visit their site and buy your tickets.
The Bald Thoughts
I’m really excited to meet so many exhibitors and see some great shows. I’m hoping to make some connections where I’ll be able to try out the products, services, and destinations and report back to you readers so you easily make the decision whether they are worth your hard-earned travel dollars. I won’t be there on Saturday, but I will be at the Los Angeles Travel and Adventure Show most of the day on Sunday with Adam from The Sterling Traveler. If you’ll be at the show, look for us. It would be great to meet you!