5 nights at Westin Ka’anapali + $75 resort credit + car for $798

Hotels, Starwood Preferred Guest, Timeshare, Travel Tales 26

This page may contain affiliates links from our advertising partners. We appreciate it when you support BaldThoughts by using our links when visiting our partners.

I received an offer from Westin to stay at the Ka’anapali in Maui, Hawaii for 6 days and 5 nights for 2 adults and 2 children for $798.  It includes a $75 resort credit and a 6-day Avis rental car.  I just wish I had more vacation time!

The Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Resort Villas

The Westin Ka’anapali is located in Maui, Hawaii and looks to be a really nice property.  The property is large, sitting on 26 acres and located on North Beach.  I haven’t had the opportunity to visit Maui yet, but I look forward to relaxing there with family in the next few years.

With this deal, you will be staying in an Island View Studio Villa with a king bed, a full-sized sleeper sofa, and a kitchenette.  Kitchenettes usually mean a small fridge, microwave, sink, and a coffee maker.

Westin Ka'anapali price for studio villa

I performed a quick search for March 2017 to see what the room rates would be for 6 days and 5 nights.  The price for the room was at least $519 per night or 16,000 SPG points per night.  For the 5 nights, that would be a total of $2,595 plus taxes of 13.41%, which brings the total cash to almost $3,000!!!  Or, you could spend 80,000 SPG points for the 5 nights.  Personally, I’d rather convert those 80,000 SPG points into 100,000 airline miles.

$75 resort credit

Since Hawaii is so far from the US mainland, everything costs just a little bit more.  I was in Hawaii in March 2016 and the groceries, gas, and food were priced a little higher than the prices back home.  With the $75 resort credit, that will help offset some of these costs.

You have to pick up your $75 resort credit certificate at the Lobby Concierge within 24 hours of checking in and it can be used at any time throughout your stay.  It is redeemable for any combination of on-site activities, dining, shopping, or spa services.

6 day car rental from Avis

I searched and searched for the best deal on a rental car for our Honolulu, Hawaii trip, and the best deal I could find was $238 from Costco Travel.  Your results may vary, but it would be hard to beat a price of $30 a day.

You will receive an “intermediate” sized vehicle with this offer, and if you want to upgrade, you will receive a $185 credit towards another car.

Assuming a normal search would yield a car rental of price of $250 for 6 days, the package cost would be brought down to $548 for 5 nights, or $110 a night.

Parking at the Westin Ka’anapali will be charged at a rate of $10 per day under this deal.

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas view

Westin Ka’anapali offer details

A deal this good means that they’ll be trying to sell you a timeshare under the Starwood Vacation Ownership brand.  Timeshares aren’t for everyone, but we love the timeshare units we have and use them all the time to travel all around the world by ourselves and with friends and family.

As much as most people hate attending timeshare presentations, I figure a couple hours of saying “no” is worth the $2500 in savings you’d receive over paying cash for the same vacation.

You need to book by April 26, 2016, pay with any American Express, and stay by May 31, 2017 to take full advantage of this offer.

They make things a little easier on you by allowing you to pay $498 to accept the deal, then pay the remaining $300 when you reserve your arrival date.

If you’re interested in the deal, call 800-346-6561 Monday through Friday, 8am to 8pm Pacific Time to discuss all of the fine print details to determine if this Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Resort Villas 6-day, 5-night package is right for you.

The opinions expressed here are the author's alone and have not been reviewed or endorsed by any company or third-party, unless clearly stated otherwise. The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the advertiser. It is not the advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Liked it? Take a second to support Lee Huffman on Patreon!

About the author /

Lee Huffman

Lee grew up loving to travel with his parents. Now he explores the world with his wife, Anna and his two children Timothy and Scarlett. He enjoys being spoiled as a Kimpton Inner Circle Member and taking full advantage of Southwest's Companion Pass. Lee wants to teach his readers how to 'Travel More. Spend Less. Live Better.' using miles, points, tips and tricks.

26 Comments

1. Mimi August 10, 2016 at 8:26 pm -  Reply

Hi. Can anyone call that number and get in on this offer?

• Lee Huffman August 11, 2016 at 12:18 pm -  Reply

I’ve had some friends get through and book the offer, while others have been declined. My suggestion, if you call and get decline, say thank you, hang up, and call back to speak with someone else. They’re salespeople and they want to make a sale.

• Mimi August 11, 2016 at 12:24 pm -  Reply

Thanks. My husband and I both tried and they were kind of rude 🙁 will try again. Is this at the ocean villas one? And the Westin Maui do you have to pay resort fee? I see people getting offers for both Westin and I know normally the Westin Maui near Whalers has a $31 resort fee? But not sure if it would be waived if doing this deal.

• Lee Huffman August 11, 2016 at 12:34 pm -  Reply

That sucks that the people you talked with were rude. Hopefully you have better luck the next time you call. There’s no reason for rudeness, especially when you’re trying to give THEM money!

I haven’t stayed using this offer before, so I’m not sure if there are additional fees. We’ve been on a Cabo and Caribbean kick lately, so Hawaii hasn’t been where we’ve been traveling as a family. The last time I visited Hawaii, I stayed at the Marriot Ko’Olina near Honolulu with my son using Marriott points.

• MIMI August 11, 2016 at 1:54 pm -

My thoughts too, but they seemed annoyed. Hopefully we have better luck with another sales agent next month.

Would love to go to Cabo and Caribbean later on when our kids are older. We go to Hawaii every year because of traveling with two babies. Thank you so much for your help though!

• Lee Huffman August 11, 2016 at 3:34 pm -

If they continue to give you a hard time, I also have a referral to Diamond Resorts. My buddy is going next year for his 10th anniversary using the Diamond offer. That might be a good option for you.

How old are your kids? My son is 5 and daughter is almost 17 months. From SoCal, we’ve taken them to both Cabo and the Caribbean a few times and they’ve enjoyed it. If you want to go, there’s no reason to wait until they get older.

• Mimi August 11, 2016 at 3:48 pm -

Oh that would be nice if you can send me a referral for Diamond Resorts.

My daughter is 2 and I have an infant who’s 4 months. We will be heading to Hawaii when she’s 8-9 months. I want to go to Cabo or the Caribbean in about a year or two. My husband is more worried about how they do on the flights. My daughter was horrible with flying after she turned 1. That’s awesome that having two kids have not stopped your family from traveling 🙂 We are looking into Aruba or Bahamas for our 5 year anniversary.

• Lee Huffman August 12, 2016 at 12:06 pm -

Mimi, thanks for sending me your info. I’ve submitted your referral to Diamond. My wife and I are on the same page… we want to show our kids the world and we believe that traveling with them frequently gets them used to the process and introduces them to culture, people, & history that they may otherwise only read about in books or on the Internet.

If you need help learning how to reduce your travel costs, please let me know. I know that we can help you reach Hawaii and Aruba/Bahamas for less using miles and points!

2. Paul August 12, 2016 at 8:17 pm -  Reply

Thanks for this post… I enjoy your blog! I’m planning a trip back to Maui next year. If you have another referral for Diamond Resorts, I’d be interested. Thanks!

• Lee Huffman August 14, 2016 at 9:48 pm -  Reply

Hey Paul, thanks for commenting. I sent you an email with the info I need to submit the referral. Please let me know how it goes!

3. Adrienne November 1, 2016 at 6:24 pm -  Reply

I would also like a Diamond Resort referral for Maui if you are willing to provide it to me. My family and I are looking to head to Maui in July 2017. It will be the 50th state that I have visit in the US! my husband says that I saved the best state for last.

• Lee Huffman November 1, 2016 at 11:52 pm -  Reply

Adrienne, I will send you an email, but the best way is to complete our form on our Timeshare page. For me to refer you, I need your first and last name, phone number, and address. Thanks! Have a great time in Hawaii. Where are you flying from? Are you using airline miles to fly there? If you’re flying next summer, there is plenty of time to get a couple of great cards to reduce or eliminate the cost of tickets. Let us know if you need help with that.

4. Lana January 20, 2017 at 1:42 pm -  Reply

Hello Lee,
    Can you please send me an invitation too. They are asking for an invitation code when I called.
    Thanks a lot!

• Lee Huffman January 20, 2017 at 5:30 pm -  Reply

Sorry Lana, I don’t have an invitation code. Your ear bet is to hang up and call back in hopes that the next agent won’t ask for it. Or you can always tell them that you cannot find it.

5. Kim January 30, 2017 at 11:19 am -  Reply

Hi! Ive tried to call and book the Kaanapali ocean resort villas and they declined saying I needed to give them an invitation number. Can you send me the diamond resort referral for maui? Thank you so much!

• Lee Huffman January 30, 2017 at 1:02 pm -  Reply

Sorry you didn’t have any success with Westin. I’ll submit your Diamond referral tonight. Please complete the timeshare referral form, because I’ll need your first & last name, address, email, and phone number.

6. Mariesa Chavez February 2, 2017 at 6:11 am -  Reply

I am an RN and love to travel. I wish I had known about that Westin Maui deal sounded amazing. Please let me know if any other deals come up I would be glad to book

7. melodee March 6, 2017 at 6:44 am -  Reply

i would like to attend

8. denise April 28, 2017 at 2:30 pm -  Reply

Hi Paul, please send a referral for me too, What iformaition would you need thanks, denise

9. Sue Smith June 16, 2017 at 9:41 am -  Reply

Hello,
    I am so bummed we missed out on the Maui deal described above. If you hear of anything else like that for anything in the US., could you please let me k now? Fiances are tight, but we work hard and would still like to go on a nice vacation! Thank you!

• Lee Huffman June 20, 2017 at 10:35 pm -  Reply

We do have some other timeshare deals available if the Westin deal isn’t available to you. Please check out our timeshare deals page so we can help you save some money on your next vacation.

10. Desiree July 10, 2017 at 10:04 am -  Reply

Hi Lee,
    My sister and her husband and children just got this same deal in the mail and are going in a few weeks to Maui with it. I’m wondering how I can get the same deal! I’ve stayed at the Westin Ka’anapali before and am dying to go back! I’m not sure how she got the promotion, she doesn’t even know! Do you know of anything I could take a look at that’s similar? Thanks!

• Lee Huffman July 11, 2017 at 11:22 am -  Reply

I get the promos every so often too Desiree. Not sure how or why I do. We do have several other timeshare promos available on our timeshare deals page. Hope one of those will help you out.

11. Ankit Aggarwal August 23, 2017 at 7:52 am -  Reply

Hi Lee,

Can you please send me refferral

• Lee Huffman August 23, 2017 at 4:53 pm -  Reply

Sorry. I’m all out of Westin referrals. Please check out the timeshare deals page to see if anything else interests you.